Create ODBC DSN for Analysis Services
- We will be using the data from the Sample Access database provided by Microsoft Analysis Services in our tutorial.
- Analysis Services will connect to this Access Database thru ODBC DSN
- Go to Start menu. Click on Settings/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Data Sources (ODBC)
- Go to System DSN Tab and click on Add
- Choose Microsoft Access Driver and Click on Finish
- In the following dialog box, choose name (MSTUTORIAL) and description.
- Next click on the Select button and choose the file ‘C:\Program Files\Microsoft Analysis Services\Samples\foodmart 200.mdb’ and click OK.
- In the next section we will point to this MSTUTORAIL DSN to create a Data Source for the Analysis Services.