Create Time Dimension in Microsoft Analysis Services – Continued
Choose Time Dimension in the following Select Dimension Type screen also in the Date Column, select the_date as your Date Column.
- Click next and you will see the ‘Create Time Dimension levels’ screen
- Notice that the wizard processes the Time table and pre-determines that your table contains Year, Quarter, Month, Day, Week, Day, Hour and Minute in that order. Choose ‘Year, Quarter, Month, Day’ as your time levels and hit next.
- In the following screen make sure ‘Changing Dimension’ is unchecked and click Next
- In the final ‘Finish the Dimension Wizard’ screen type the Time for Dimension Name.
- Make sure ‘Share this Dimension with other Cubes’ is checked. This will enable your newly created Time dimension shareable across your cubes.
- You will create the Product Dimension Table in the next section